The Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing (DAC) is the
flagship programme of ACTS. The course is targeted towards
engineers and IT professionals who wish to venture into the
domain of advanced computing. The course aims to groom the
students to enable them to work on current technology scenarios
as well as prepare them to keep pace with the changing face of
technology and the requirements of the growing IT industry. The
course curriculum has been designed keeping in view the emerging
trends in advanced computing as well as contemporary and
futuristic human resource requirements of the ICT industry. The
entire course syllabus, courseware, teaching methodology and the
course delivery have been derived from the rich research and
development background of C-DAC. The depth and width of the
course is unique in the industry covering a wide spectrum of
requirements of the ICT industry. Running successfully for more
than seventeen years, the DAC course has yielded more than
quarter million of students, who are well positioned in the
- Well established courses with excellent placement records.
- 24-week full-time courses with 900 hours' theory + lab + project.
- 8 hours per day theory + lab sessions on 6 days a week in most centres.
- Continuous lab and internal assessments during the course.
- Centralised course-end theory exams across all centres.
- Courses designed and developed in consultation with the domain experts in C-DAC, academia and ICT industry.
- Syllabus regularly updated with the latest trends in the ICT industry.
- Expert faculty from C-DAC and ICT industry with widespread domain knowledge.
- Tutorials, hands-on and projects relevant to the standards of the ICT industry.
- Well equipped computer labs with internet that can be accessed most of the time.
- Special training on aptitude, general English, effective communication and interview skills.
- Extensive placement orientation and region-wise common campus placements.
- Excellent participation from top ICT companies in campus placements.
Common Eligibility Criteria for all the PG Diploma Courses of C-DAC
- Graduate in Engineering or equivalent (e.g. BE / BTech / 4-year BSc Engg / AMIE / DoEACC B Level) in IT / Computer Science / Electronics / Telecommunications / Electrical / Instrumentation.
- Post Graduate Degree in Engineering Sciences with corresponding basic degree (e.g. MSc in Computer Science, IT, Electronics)
C-DAC's PG Diploma courses are full-time courses of 24-week duration. The fee for all PG Diploma courses (except PG-DBDA) is Rs. 80,000/- + service tax and cess as applicable at the time of payments. The fee for PG Diploma in Big Data Analytics is Rs 1 lakh + service tax and cess. The course fee is to be paid as
per the schedule mentioned in the website.
The Information Technology industry is the fastest growing
sector of the Indian economy and the need for trained manpower is
growing. As per the reports global ER&D industry to grow to US $
1400 bn by 2020 Indian Share is US$ 350 bn by 2012. It is expected
that the IT industry will need at least 2.5 lakh trained software
professionals every year and this number is likely to increase in
the near future.
Excellent Track Record
ACTS has designed the DAC course keeping in view the current
and future manpower needs of IT industry. The DAC course, is well
regarded by recruiters in the IT industry as an assured source of
well trained and high quality manpower. As a result, in the last
seventeen years we have placed quarter million of our students in
top ranking IT companies in India and abroad as well as in large
number of budding companies.
Placement Web Service
The student database along with the Query Engine is also
available to the companies on C-DACís Website. This will enable
companies across the globe to access the database and shortlist
suitable candidates for placement in India and abroad.
The Placement Cell at the respective centres actively
coordinates the task of organizing the Campus Interviews for all
the students. The centres only catalyze the process of bringing
the companies to the campus and enable students to go through the
Campus Recruitment Process. The selection is solely governed by
the requirements and recruitment policies of the various companies
visiting our centres for campus recruitment. While most of the
companies insist on a graduate degree, the recruitment policies of
some of the leading companies tend to prefer students with B.E.